- Body: 170.0x78.1x9.7mm, 223g; Glass front, plastic unibody design.
- Display: 6.81" LTPS IPS, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 386ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm): Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver); Adreno 618.
- Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73", 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0", 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.2, (macro); Depth: 2 MP, f/2.2, (depth); LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 29mm (standard); HDR.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 30W.
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), NFC
But as always, Motorola faces quite a bit of competition in this price range, mostly from Realme and Xiaomi. There are also a few Samsung options, and to our surprise, some older Motorola-made devices for about the same price.
That's a re-occurring theme for the last couple of Moto G generations. Is it going to be like this with the G9 Plus, and are there any compelling advantages that need to be explored? We try to find out on the next pages.